The Buckingham Society is made up of volunteers who care passionately about our surroundings and we campaign to enhance and improve our historic market town
Members of The Buckingham Society share the following aims:
- Promote the distinctive character of our town
- Set high standards of design and sustainability
- Celebrate and safeguard Buckingham’s heritage
- Find solutions to environmental problems
- Improve the quality of life in our community
- Inspire sensitive changes within the places we cherish
- Create and consolidate effective partnerships between community, business and local government.
The Buckingham Society is affiliated to Civic Voice which is the national charity that provides support to local civic groups such as the Buckingham Society.
Since 1974 the Buckingham Society has worked with local Councils and Buckingham’s citizens to try to ensure that Buckingham remains a great place to live. A list of the Society’s achievements can be found here. click here
Campaigning for a better Buckingham www.buckinghamsociety.org.uk
© 2021 The Buckingham Society – a registered charity No. 268503